We favour stalls with locally designed or made, artisan, unique and/ or hard-to-find products. We seek to have an eclectic mix of stalls that are relevant to our target market. Items can include: clothing; accessories and jewellery; vintage or collectible items; artisan wares; art work including paintings, prints and photographs; culturally-relevant items; food and beverage. The stalls that will NOT be accepted include: massage, personal services, potted plants, incense, furniture and more.
The South Melbourne Night Market is a really fun place to come, meet friends, share some great food & wine and browse the stalls. The location is superb and well-supported by existing food and drink outlets in Cecil Street, and food stalls and food trucks on Coventry Street and York Street. Musicians showcase different musical styles each week.
Please note that the layout for 2018 will be similar to 2017. The Night Market will run along Coventry Street, Cecil Street, York Street and through the Centre Aisle of the Market. There will be more seating and acoustic bands only.
- Thursday nights 5.30pm – 9.30pm.
- 4 January – 22 February 2018.
- Bump in from 3.00pm and bump out by 10.30pm.
- Stalls set up along Cecil, Coventry, York Streets and Centre Aisle.
- Cecil St food outlets & bars will be open.
- Stallholders will need to bring their own trestle table, hangers, lighting, mirror etc. No fixtures will be provided.
- You must bring your own lighting. Power is available so please make sure your stall is lit effectively each night. South Melbourne Night Market management will not be responsible for lighting of your stall.
- All stallholders will have access to 15Amp power. If you require more power, you will need to use your own power supply.
- Stall holders need to bring their own extension leads and power boards. All electrical equipment must be tested and tagged by a suitably qualified person before being brought to the Night Market.
- Marquees for general merchandise stalls will not be required as stalls are located under a wide verandah or within the Market.
- Stallholders must bring stall signage to assist in the promotion of their brand.
- Stallholders should #southmelbournenightmarket on social media.
- Pre-book only. All stalls must be booked and paid in advance.
- Eight week season includes 4/1, 11/1, 18/1, 25/1, 1/2, 8/2, 15/2, 22/2.
- Casual places are available on a weekly basis.
- There are no refunds for cancellations or non-attendance.
- No-shows or providing less than 24 hours’ notice will incur a charge for each cancellation or no-show – $300 for food trucks, $100 for others.
- Stall sites will be randomly located each week.
- Food trucks will alternate from York Street to Coventry Street each week.
- Food trucks will be required to provide their Public Liability Insurance Certificate of Currency with their application.
- Food trucks and stalls are required to register on Streatrader. If you have applied to sell alcohol, as well as registering with Streatrader, you will need to obtain the appropriate VCGLR licence.
- The Market reserves the right to relocate stalls for better fit and to avoid gaps.
- No sub-licensing allowed.
- Stallholders not on site by 4.30pm may lose their site location.
- Stallholders not on site by 5pm will not be allowed to set up and will be charged the no-show fee.
- After your application has been submitted, it will be reviewed and payment will only be processed once the application is approved. If your application is unsuccessful, payment will not be processed.
- We will make every effort to notify you of the success of your application (approved or declined) by 30 November 2017.
- Stall selection is at the sole discretion of South Melbourne Market management.
- South Melbourne Market Management accepts no responsibility for the theft or loss of stock.
South Melbourne Market | 03 9209 6295 | email@example.com