We favour stalls with locally designed or made, artisan, unique and/ or hard-to-find products. We seek to have an eclectic mix of stalls that are relevant to our target demographic. Items can include: clothing; accessories and jewellery; vintage or collectible items; artisan wares; art work including paintings, prints and photographs; culturally-relevant items; packaged food. The stalls that will NOT be accepted include: massage, personal services, potted plants, incense and furniture.
We favour well marketed food outlets with a strong social network. All food trucks will be required to provide their own power. Food marquees may apply and must supply their own marquee tagged and tested power cords, and clearly indicate what power is required.
- Cecil Street city bound lane will be closed and feature seating, live music and bar
- Food Trucks will be located on Coventry Street and Cecil Street at the decision of Event Management
- Market Stalls will be set up along Coventry Street in provided marquees (included in cost)
- The whole Market will remain open during the event
- Stages will be set up for entertainment on Cecil and Coventry Streets
Dates and Times
- Event times: Wednesdays from 12pm to 9.30pm
- 8 January – 5 February 2020
- Bump in from 10am and bump out by 10.30pm
Credit card details are required at the time of submitting applications. After your application has been submitted, it will be reviewed and payment will only be processed once your application is approved. Your credit card details remain confidential with no Market staff having access to these details.
If your application is unsuccessful payment will not be processed and your credit card data will be deleted.
By submitting your application you are committing to the full five-week season and consenting to your credit card being charged if your application is approved.
The following fees apply from 1 April 2019 for City of Port Phillip payments by card. These surcharges are not subject to GST. When you make your payment, you will be advised of the total amount including the fee before you finalise your payment. For further details about City of Port Phillip card fees, click here.
- Visa / Mastercard: 1.16%
- Amex: 0.65%
- Eftpos / Debit: 0.59%
What To Bring:
- Stallholders will need to bring their own trestle table/s, chairs, hangers, lighting, mirror etc. A marquee will be provided, but no fixtures or fittings.
- You must bring your own lighting. Power is available so please make sure your stall is lit effectively each evening. South Melbourne Night Market management will not be responsible for lighting of your stall.
- All stallholders will have access to 15Amp power. If you require more power, you will need to use your own power supply.
- Food Trucks will be required to use their own power / generator (Power will be supplied for food providers operating out of a marquee).
- Stallholders need to bring their own extension leads and power boards. All electrical equipment must be tested and tagged by a suitably qualified person before being brought to the Night Market.
- Stallholders must bring stall signage to assist in the promotion of their brand.
- Pre-book only. All stalls must be booked and paid in advance
- Five week season includes 8/1, 15/1, 22/1, 29/1, 5/2
- Casual places are not available on a weekly basis
- There are no refunds for cancellations after 5pm 13 December 2019
- No-shows or providing less than 24 hours’ notice for non-attendance will incur a charge for each cancellation or no-show – $300 for food trucks, $100 for other stalls
- Stall sites are a decision of event management and are not negotiable
- Food vendors are required to be registered on Streatrader
- The Market reserves the right to relocate stalls for better fit and to avoid gaps
- No sub-licensing allowed
- Stallholders not onsite by 11am may lose their site location.
- Stallholders not onsite by 11.30am will not be allowed to set up and will be charged the non-attendance fee
- Stallholders are not permitted to park within the Market precinct (rooftop car park, York Street car park, or on the sections of York Street, Coventry Street or Cecil Street bounding the Market). A minimum fine of $100 will apply for any stallholder found to be parking in these areas.
- After your application has been submitted it will be reviewed and payment will only be processed once the application is approved. If your application is unsuccessful, payment will not be processed
- We will make every effort to notify you of the success of your application (approved or declined) by 31 October 2019.
- Stall selection is at the sole discretion of South Melbourne Market Management
- South Melbourne Market Management accepts no responsibility for theft or loss of stock
South Melbourne Market | 03 9209 6295 | firstname.lastname@example.org