Market Stalls: We favour stalls with locally designed or made, artisan, unique and/ or hard-to-find products. We seek to have an eclectic mix of stalls that are relevant to our target market. Items can include: clothing; accessories and jewellery; vintage or collectible items; artisan wares; art work including paintings, prints and photographs; culturally-relevant items; food and beverage. The stalls that will NOT be accepted include: massage, personal services, potted plants, incense, furniture and more.
Food: We favour well marketed food outlets with a strong social network. All food trucks will be required to provide their own power. Food marquees may apply and must supply their own marquee tagged and tested power cords, and clearly indicate what power is required.
The South Melbourne Night Market is a popular place to come, meet friends, share some great food & wine and browse the stalls. The location is superb and well-supported by existing food and drink outlets in Cecil Street, and food stalls and food trucks on Coventry Street and Cecil Street. Musicians showcase different musical styles each week.
Thanks to some great feedback from our visitors and stallholders, we have improved our site plan for 2019. Cecil Street will be closed between Coventry and York Streets and the Market side of Coventry Street will also be closed to accommodate more seating, food trucks, stages and bars. York Street will not be activated.
- Thursday nights 5.30pm – 9.30pm.
- 10 January – 28 February 2019.
- Bump in from 3.00pm and bump out by 10.30pm.
- Market stalls set up along Cecil and Coventry Streets under the veranda, and in the Centre Aisle.
- Food Trucks will be located on Cecil Street and Coventry Street only.
What to bring:
- Stallholders will need to bring their own trestle table, hangers, lighting, mirror etc. No fixtures will be provided.
- You must bring your own lighting. Power is available so please make sure your stall is lit effectively each night. South Melbourne Night Market management will not be responsible for lighting of your stall.
- All stallholders will have access to 15Amp power. If you require more power, you will need to use your own power supply.
- Food Trucks will be required to use their own power / generator.
- Stall holders need to bring their own extension leads and power boards. All electrical equipment must be tested and tagged by a suitably qualified person before being brought to the Night Market.
- Marquees for general merchandise stalls will not be required as stalls are located under a wide veranda or within the Market.
- Stallholders must bring stall signage to assist in the promotion of their brand.
- Stallholders should use #southmelbournenightmarket on social media.
- Cecil Street food outlets & bars will be open.
- Pre-book only. All stalls must be booked and paid in advance.
- Eight week season includes 10/1, 17/1, 24/1, 31/1, 7/2, 14/2, 21/2, 28/2.
- Casual places are available on a weekly basis.
- There are no refunds for cancellations or non-attendance.
- No-shows or providing less than 24 hours’ notice will incur a charge for each cancellation or no-show – $300 for food trucks, $100 for others.
- Stall sites will be randomly located each week.
- Food trucks will alternate from Cecil Street to Coventry Street each week.
- Food trucks will be required to provide their Public Liability Insurance Certificate of Currency with their application.
- Food trucks and stalls are required to register on Streatrader.
- The Market reserves the right to relocate stalls for better fit and to avoid gaps.
- No sub-licensing allowed.
- Stallholders not on site by 4.30pm may lose their site location.
- Stallholders not on site by 5pm will not be allowed to set up and will be charged the no-show fee.
- After your application has been submitted, it will be reviewed and payment will only be processed once the application is approved. If your application is unsuccessful, payment will not be processed.
- We will make every effort to notify you of the success of your application (approved or declined) by 31 October 2018.
- Stall selection is at the sole discretion of South Melbourne Market Management.
- South Melbourne Market Management accepts no responsibility for the theft or loss of stock.
South Melbourne Market | 03 9209 6295 | firstname.lastname@example.org