We favour stalls with locally designed or made, artisan, unique and/ or hard-to-find products. We seek to have an eclectic mix of stalls that are relevant to our target market. Items can include: clothing; accessories and jewellery; vintage or collectible items; artisan wares; art work including paintings, prints and photographs; culturally-relevant items; food and beverage. The stalls that will NOT be accepted include: massage, personal services, potted plants, incense, furniture and more.
The South Melbourne Night Market is a really fun place to come, meet friends, share some great food & wine and browse the stalls. The location is superb and well-supported by existing food and drink outlets in Cecil Street, and food stalls and food trucks on Coventry Street. Entertainers showcase different musical styles each week along with roving performers.
Please note that the layout for 2017 will vary from 2016. The Night Market will run along Coventry Street, Cecil Street, York Street and through the Centre Aisle of the Market. There will be more seating and acoustic bands only.
- Thursday nights 5.30pm – 9.30pm.
- 5 January – 23 February 2017.
- Bump in from 4.00pm and bump out by 10.30pm.
- Stalls under the wide verandah of Cecil and Coventry Streets.
- Cecil St food outlets & bars will be open.
- Stallholders will need to bring their own trestle table, hangers, extra lighting, mirror etc. No fit out will be provided.
- All general merchandise stalls are under cover with limited lighting.
- We recommend all merchandise stalls bring your own lighting, and we will have power outlets for you to use.
- All stallholders will have access to 15Amp power. If you require more power, you will need to use your own power supply.
- Stall holders need to bring their own extension leads and power boards. All electrical equipment must be tested and tagged by a suitably qualified person before being brought to the Night Market.
- Tents for general merchandise stalls will not be required as stalls are located under a wide verandah or within the Market.
- Stallholders are encouraged to bring stall signage to assist in the promotion of their brand.
There will be a competition leading up to and during the Night Market to promote the event and the stallholders at the event. It will be called ‘WIN A BOOT FULL OF LOOT’ where the lucky winner will take home a prize including a product from a selection of general merchandise traders who are participating in the Night Market. To participate in this promotion, we will be asking you on our application form to identify the product you’d like to include in this prize package, and include a short description, image and a value.
- Pre-book only. All stalls must be booked and paid in advance.
- Eight week season includes 5/1, 12/1, 19/1, 26/1, 2/2, 9/2, 16/2, 23/2.
- Casual places are available in two week blocks: 5/1 & 12/1; 19/1 & 26/1; 2/2 & 9/2; 16/2 & 23/2.
- There are no refunds for cancellations or non-attendance.
- Stall sites will be randomly located each week.
- Food trucks will alternate from York Street to Coventry Street each week.
- Food trucks will be required to provide their Public Liability Insurance Certificate of Currency with their application.
- Food trucks and stalls are required to register on Streatrader. If you have applied to sell alcohol, as well as registering with Streatrader, you will need to obtain the appropriate VCGLR licence.
- The Market reserves the right to relocate stalls for better fit and to avoid gaps.
- No sub-licensing allowed.
- Cancellations after 12pm on Night Market days and no shows will incur a cancellation fee of $100.
- Stallholders not on site setting up before 5pm may lose their site location, and stallholders arriving from 5.30pm onwards may not be permitted to set up.
- After your application has been submitted, it will be reviewed and payment will only be processed once the application is approved. If your application is unsuccessful, payment will not be processed.
- We will make every effort to notify you of the success of your application (approved or declined) by 31 November 2016.
- Stall selection is at the sole discretion of South Melbourne Market management.
South Melbourne Market | 03 9209 6295 | firstname.lastname@example.org